Get to know about Dr. Balbir Singh
- Dr Balbir Singh was born to a poor farmer in village Bhaura, near Nawanshahr, Punjab.
- From a village school with no benches or electricity, he went on to become a renowned Eye surgeon.
- Due to extreme poverty in the family, his entire education was completed with financial contributions by his native villagers & his teachers.
- Patients from Jammu Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab & Haryana throng to Patiala to be treated by Dr Balbir.
- Remembering his roots, he gave up many lucrative opportunities to go abroad & never chased money. Instead, for 40 years he provided low cost eye care to farmers & poor masses.
- As a doctor, he treated lakhs of patients at a very low cost, donated the gift of vision to over 30000 blind patients and distrbuted free medicines to tens of thousands of patients.
- Various state government’s of Punjab honoured Dr Balbir on numerous occasions for his medical research, environmental conservation efforts and overall service to society.
- In 2014, Dr Balbir entered politics for the first time as the campaign manager of Dr Dharamvir Gandhi & played a pivotal role in his historic victory over Maharani Preneet Kaur in the Lok Sabha Elections. (https://bit.ly/3BSuhYU
- In 2017, Dr Balbir took on Maharaja Amrinder Singh in the assembly election & fought valiantly to educate people about the fact that he will not do anything for the masses once elected. That prophecy has turned out to be true.
- In 2020, Dr Balbir gave up the post of Co-President in Aam Aadmi Party, Punjab and dedicated himself completely to the farmers andolan. Since 27th November 2020, Dr Balbir has been organising a “free medicines & medical services langar” at Delhi borders & these services shall continue till the success of the Andolan/Movement.
For the 2022 Punjab Vidhan Sabha Elections, Dr Balbir is committed to:-
- Free the people from the deadly trap of traditional politics & politicians.
- Remain amongst the people 24x7 and to struggle for their causes.
- Make unlimited & genuine efforts for: good education for all children, employment for youth, affordable & quality healthcare, fundamental facilities & justice for all.